Translate

Friday, February 22, 2013

The voice of a fresh product entrepreneurial: how I sell fish online?


In fact, when I just started selling fish online, a lot of my friends think I'm crazy.
When everyone eyes are fixed on the real estate, technology, mobile phones, cars, I chose to sell fish, this is indeed a very difficult decision, but it is very practical.

Of course, I still have no doubt that the fresh great potential in e-commerce. How to play O2O out of new ideas? Whether I should give up FACEBOOK or not? Whether Cook can take over Jobs for Apples? I do not care. These are far away from me. Dreams Is great, but the reality is very harsh.

In 2012, I began to try to use B2C selling fish, I survived. Of course, this may be related to I'm just a scale to small business companies with low operating cost, easy to implement, but some of experience, I think it has some value. I’m willing to share it, maybe give friends who is doing vegetables fruit business online some inspiration.

1 product positioning
My positioning is: never do inexpensive everyday products, and only do the middle level products. Frozen seafood is my main product. Let me explain. I think my biggest competitor is the local farmer's vegetable market. If only sell daily low-end agricultural products, you want to change the traditional Aunt purchasing habits seems as unrealistic as you want to get rid of cattle to eat meat.

And supermarket than I found my advantage is quite obvious, the purchase of short-cycle products fresh (here EC goods cycle), the price nearly 40% (do not feel very cheap supermarket) cheaper, younger customer base (large most of the water and soil ages 25-40)
A lot of seafood classification mainly consists of live, fresh, chilled and frozen products. Live fresh highest storage requirements, a live fish and dead fish price difference to about 50%, so it was not suitable for such a small cost operators entrepreneurs. While roughing processing seafood is saved most easily because the loss is minimized. in general, as long as the temperature is reached, the shelf life of about a year and a half to two years

So, I put my competitors are positioned at the supermarket. I carried out a selection of some of the raw products in the buffet restaurant, Western restaurant, high-end restaurants, Japanese cuisine, high-profit products, the market is not easy to see, easy shelf life. So I avoided the farmer’s market impact on me, and the grade of the product itself will be promoted on their own value.

Resource From: ECVV (www.ecvv.com is an innovative and comprehensive business portal and product directory in China, dedicated to saving costs for Chinese SMEs to find buyers and export to overseas markets. We care for SMEs enterprise’s development. )

No comments:

Post a Comment